Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pancake recipe

My kiddos said I make the best pancakes.  Other then a restaurant, my pancakes are the only pancakes they've eaten so they know no others.  But, that aside, they told me I should put my recipe on my blog.  Quite honestly this is a typical standard pancake recipe that I've tweaked over time to fit the tastes of my family.
****************************************************
Cox's Pancakes

Pancakes: (makes about about 10-12 pancakes depending on size)

Mix 4 tablespoons vinegar into 1 1/2 cups of milk to sour it.  Let it rest for several minutes. 

Combine in a separate bowl:
2 cups flour
4 tablespoons sugar or Splenda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

To the sour milk mixture add:

2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons melted butter or oil

Then add the dry mix to the liquid mix and whisk until the lumps are gone.  Now set the batter aside and let it rest for 10-20 minutes.

While waiting preheat your griddle.  When ready spray your griddle with cooking spray or add some oil if necessary.  Pour the amount of batter you want onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on the pancake surface.  Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is browned.

My kiddos usually like it with some butter and good 'ole maple syrup but sometimes I'll add some mashed bananas or blueberries or even some chocolate chips.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are fortunate , my mom used to make pancakes regularly, so it mkes a nice memory.
    hugs
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pancake recipe is similar, but I add a handful of oats to the dry mix. My DH's favorite additions are mashed bananas and walnuts. Says it's like eating Banana bread pancakes. I can't resist adding some chocolate chips into them too cuz I love bananas and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good, Denise!! I'll have to try it sometime. Glad to see you posting!

    ReplyDelete