Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fuel Oil bill

Oh yes!!!  Just got the fuel oil bill for the last two weeks of fill up.  It totaled appro. $475.00.  That is down from the approx. $550.00 from the earlier two week fill up! 

Oh yes...perhaps all the preventative measures I did have helped.  Of course, right now we're in a cold snap and that will increase fuel oil consumption.  I'll  just have to wait two weeks and see what happens.  Just wanted to share my good news...amazing that $475.00 for two weeks of fuel oil is good news!  And the recession is supposed to be winding down...NOT.

2 comments:

  1. well, it's better but don't give up! do you know you can wet bubble wrap and apply it to your windows, and it's supposed to help? it creates air pockets and it's supposed to stop the cold air from emminating (sp) from the window. my sis does it (she's also a Denise) and she says it helps quite a bit. worth a try, anyway! it's in the low single digits here today and the wind is wicked cold. I practically ran from the truck to the house when we got home from PT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I got my last 2 heat bills I've been trying to do everything to keep my bill down. December's bill was almost $300; January's was $266 and I just got February's which was like $211! I'm pretty happy about that and it has paid off to turn things off that are not being used, and put a blanket along the bottom of the door to stop the air from coming in. I've also taken hand towels and laid them on the windowsills to help stop the drafts. It has all helped.

    ReplyDelete