Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Evening

This morning it was -7 F (-21 C) but now in the late evening it is 7 F above (-13C).  No matter which temperature it is I'm cold.  It seems the older I get the colder I get. 

For supper tonight we tried a new recipe, Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce.  It's from the Eat What You Love cookbook by Marlene Koch.  It's a cookbook of recipes low in sugar, fat, and calories.  According to the new Weight Watcher Points...they recently redid their point system...one serving of this recipe is worth 6 WW points.  The recipe says it is four servings but I made the kabobs smaller and served six with it.  I don't know how to change the nutritional value for an individual serving when I changed the number of servings from what the cookbook said.  If four servings would be 6 WW points for each serving then six servings would be less WW points per serving.  Anyway, since I couldn't figure out how to change the nutritional value to reflect the increase in servings I just added 6 points for my supper.  We also had fried rice which was from the Weight Watcher starter booklet.  I don't have it at the computer with me so I don't remember how many WW points that is worth.

My family just loved this meal...all except for me.  I liked the pork kabobs but without the peanut sauce.  The meal for me was so so.  But the other five members just loved it and said that I'll have to make it again sometime.  Making five out of six happy works for me! 

I was planning on having a geletin dessert but I obviously wasn't paying attention this morning when I made the Jello.  After around 10 hours in the icebox the geletin was still liquid.  It seems that I added double the amount of liquid.  Deep six dessert!

Even though I didn't particularly like this recipe our family has tried five recipes between last week and the beginning of this week.  This is the only recipe I did not like.  The rest of the family has like all the recipes I've used from this cookbook.

Anyhow, once in a while we want to try new foods so we pick a few cookbooks and make weekly menus using those books.  It's fun to have everyone looking through cookbooks and offering new recipes to try.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Orange Chicken from this same cookbook.  I sounds yummy.  I hope it is.

Take care and stay well,
Denise

3 comments:

  1. Orange chicken is utterly delicious. You could also subsitiute lemon for orange, my favourite :>)
    hugs
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried cooking with orange before and didn't care for it. I love it uncooked tho! I've never had anything with peanut sauce, but I do like peanut butter ok. Does the sauce taste peanut-buttery??

    It's been cold here too but not quite that cold! Our temp the other morning was -2 (actually 2 mornings) and today it was up around 20. We had some cold temps hanging around for awhile now. I don't like cold either! And especially when I have to get out and shovel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If 4 servings are a total of 24 WW points then wouldn't 6 servings be 4 WW each?

    ReplyDelete