Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nature Quilt Square

I finished my sister's quilt square she asked me to do for her.  Judy needed a quilt square for her friend's son's graduation and she asked me to make it for her.  I only had a few days to make it so I didn't quite add everything I wanted to put in it.  I wanted to add the scripture verse that is his favorite and I also wanted to add some colonial knots to simulate snowfall.  I ran out of time.  Anyhow here's the picture.
Ross' quilt square
 Ross, the young man who will be getting the quilt is graduating from high school.  Acording to Judy, the ladies in his church make a quilt for each graduating senior.  He loves the outdoors so my sister wanted a square that would remind Ross of Alaska.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is absolutely a wonderful block!!! I can't imagine doing something that nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! I have learned from volunteering in community theater how to deal with the fact that some things must be done fast rather than to my own exacting standards of perfection.

    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous Denise, very creative and representative. The young man will enjoy this one.
    Love
    Nan

    ReplyDelete