Sunday, March 11, 2012

Do boys enjoy scaring their mothers?

You can see by these photos that my boys are going to drive me to drink more then my usual Diet Pepsi.  I'm quietly working on my computer in my room and a movement out my window diverts my attention to it.  It is Martin climbing the 8 ft. high chain link fencing.  I do believe his goal was to get on the roof.  However, I'm just getting up out of my chair to go to the window and Martin slips!  His coat catches him and he is stuck.  His left leg is through the opening between the gate and the fence and he can't go up and he can't go down.  In following photos Hammie and Margy come to his rescue.  They do finally get him out but I thought for a while I was going to have to call 911!
He looks like Martin is standing on the snow but
he'sdangling about six inches above the snow and
his toes just don't reach.  This happened at
about 5:00 this evening.  It's not completely
dark outside...yea...it's getting lighter!

This is the view from the other side.  I went through
the laundry room to capture this picture.  We piled
some snow at his foot to get the pressure off his coat
and now we had to get his leg out of the narrow
opening.  Hammie and Margy were right
around the corner to help him get free.

Here they are to set him free.  They unhooked his
 coat and they tried several times to get his leg
free.  After the fourth try he was almost free and
then Margy (in the pink) slipped and fell.  Martin
fell backwards and his trapped leg just went sailing
through the narrow opening.  I thought for sure
he was injured when he hit the fence but he was
fine.  I went running over to him and his he's
laughing.  He says, "Mommy, that was really fun." 

No comments:

Post a Comment