Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Part of my mother's memory

While cleaning my sewing table off, AGAIN, I found this dart marker roller.  I don't know the official name of it but this one belonged to my mom.  I never knew her to use anything else but this to mark her darts on her patterns when she made clothes for us.  It's old black handle is scratched and worn from much use.  It's got some rust but the "blade" still turns and is quite usable.

I was so surprised to find it because I thought the few things that I have of my mom's in the storage shed.  When I found it I had to sit down and just hold it.  It made me smile but also made me sad.  Mom's been in heaven for somewhere near thirty years but just seeing and holding this roller bought back such wonderful memories. 

I would like to display it in my sewing area but I'm not sure how to do that.  Or maybe a better tribute would be to continue to use it.  What do you think?  Use it or display it?  If I display it does anyone have any idea on making a nice display?

No comments:

Post a Comment