Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Reflections of Childhood

Today I was reading the SoutherPlate.com and I suddenly saw something that brought me right back to my childhood.  The photo below is the one that caught my eye.  These two little figures are ones just like what I have at home.  They belonged to my mother and when she passed away my sister and I inherited them.  As a child I used to play for hours with them and other Amish cast iron toys. 
Amish cast iron children

In further reading I found other photos and I was stunned to see some more of the same cast iron items that my mother collected.  Here are those photos from the SouthernPlate.com.  By the way; when you get some time go on over to SoutherPlate.com and check it out.  I really enjoy reading her posts.

I was so surprised to see the teeter totter
and the little wagon in this woman's
 collection.I have the very same ones. 
Mine are a bit scratched.

I have little cast iron desks just like
these in my small collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment