Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter

From the Texanerin Baking blog I thought you might be interested in seeing how easy it is to make your own peanut butter...with no unseen ingredients.  The web address is below if you want to go directly to the blog site.  It was originally posted on Jan. 20, 2012.

How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter



That’s a cut up apple in the background. This is my normal breakfast except I much prefer Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter on my bread. I mean, come on, it has maple syrup!


German Vollkornbrot! I don’t know how we’ll survive when we move.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup roasted peanuts (I used salted, but you can use unsalted or honey roasted)
  • salt to taste
  • canola or peanut oil (I’ve never had to use it)
Directions:

Dump peanuts in the food processor.


Process until creamy. For me it took about 4 minutes. In my old blender it took about 8. First there’ll be ground peanuts, then it’ll start to come together in a ball, then it’ll be a ball, and then the ball will break down into what you see below. Then process it a little more until you’re sure it’s nice and creamy. I’ve never had to add oil, but people on the internet have. Add a teaspoon at a time until it looks like the below picture. Add salt to taste.


That’s it! Store in the fridge for up to two months (that’s according to Alton Brown). 1 cup of peanuts yields about 2/3 cup peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment