Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Need Spring

 

It's spring break for students in my neck of the woods.  Most of my friends are involved in education so many of them have fled Alaska for warmer parts of the world for the next seven days.  Looking out my window I can see beautiful snow covered trees and a white covered lake or I can see something cold, icy, and not very inviting.
 
I do love living in Alaska with all its seasons; long and short.  When so many I know are basking in warmth with new places to experience it does take an extra amount of energy for me to stay focused on the positive. 
 
I needed a bit of help trying not to be green with envy for those that are traveling this week...I just love to travel and see new and revisit old places...so I brought a tiny bit of SPRING into my home.
 
These daffodils are so pretty and they smell like SPRING! 
 
Pretty yellow daffodils sitting atop our antique icebox. 


 
Bad Kitty!  This is why I moved the daffodils to the top of the antique icebox.

No comments:

Post a Comment