Sunday, October 2, 2011

Supper in the dust bin!

I'm in my room calming down from being mad at myself.  Supper tonight was turkey breast, twice baked potatoes and steamed broccoli.  I baked the potatoes, halved them, scooped out the "meat", mixed in cream cheese, some milk, a little bit of butter, bacon, grated cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.  Mixed it all together and stuffed the potato skins and put them back in the oven.  Not hard work but time consuming.

Anyhow, I'm dishing up the meal and the tray of potatoes fell off the counter into the dust bin filled with garbage from me sweeping the floors earlier.  All the potatoes went splat and there was no way to save them.  I actually did save two, that I caught midair, so we had to split two halves of potatoes between six people.  I was so upset that I couldn't even eat.  At least they could split them between five instead of six.  What a waste of time and money.

Why did I put the baking pan where I did?  I don't know but I'll never do that again! 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Denise, sh....Happens. There are days and then there are days. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure the family enjoyed their small portions of skins and the effort put into them. I can just see you juggling those saved ones in the air and have to have a bit of a giggle. I'm sure you will too when it's not quite so painful. BTW I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete