Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer with family

Along with our vacation we had a memorable time visiting with some family.  David and Cheri Denny (our cousins) came to Alaska to visit.  We had a blast and it was wonderful for our kiddos to get to know more family.

Then we had the extreme pleasure of having a night with Scott and Susan Brooks, our cousins, living in Florida.  I had never met Susan before...much to my dismay and I hadn't seen Scott for over 30 years.  Talk about a long overdue visit!!!  Anyhow, we had supper with them at Cracker Barrel and had a wonderful time.  Hammie and Martin could have stayed for hours listening to Scott talk about his dad in the war!

It was even more than wonderful to reconnect with family.  These cousins are children of mom's brother Larry and Jeannette Brooks.  We've all gotten older but I must say that Cheri and Scott look much the same.  I wish I could say the same for myself!  Hopefully photos to come at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment