Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Garage declutter project

I have spent two weeks (off and on) decluttering our garage.  Oh my goodness, about twenty-five years of things stuffed in this garage.  I'm almost done.  I have one shelf against the wall to clean, one shelving unit over the Toyo stove not touched yet, I have to go through the pile that is on the floor of things to go inside the house (this has grown too large so I'm going to go through it again and declutter what I've already decluttered), hang some pictures that I've set on the freezer and then give the floor a good bleaching. 

We've already taken three truck loads to the dump and I've got a six person tent almost full for a garage sale.  What doesn't sell is going to the thrift store.  I'm also going to make some quick curtains for the three windows in the garage.  Chris, our wonderful handyman (he's the same gentleman that renovated our bathroom) is coming tomorrow to finish putting in a new door from the garage to the dog yard.  Now all the dogs and pups can go right from the garage to the dog yard!  I even finished replacing the final two florescent lights that went out.  Now all eight lights are working.

My next task for the garage will be to somehow get the remote garage door opener to work.  The dogs chewed the cord that runs to one of the boxes next to the door.  I can't find a tiny metal piece that hooks to the cord and slides into the box that lines up with the box on the other side of the garage door!

I also assembled a free standing basketball hoop for the kiddos.  Oh my that was and continues to be a challenge.  I have three steps left; pull the tension coil to hook on to the spacer, hang the net on the hoop, and fill the base with water to make it stable.  I'm not strong enough to pull the tension coil to the spacer.  I'm going to ask Chris if he can do it when he comes tomorrow.  Once that is done I'll do the two remaining steps and then the kiddos can start shooting hoops.

I'll try to add some photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment